How to Reset iPhone X with No ProblemsIf you got trouble with your shiny new iPhone X Apple has introduced a new method to reset this smartphone. DFU stands for Device Firmware Upgrade and you'll be sure to see this term again and again in the jailbreaking community. DFU mode is a state that allows you to put your iPhone to interface with iTunes, but does not load iOS operating system or boot loader. That's the main difference between DFU mode and recovery mode. Putting your device into DFU Mode may be required to fix some situations, it's important to remember that it's potentially dangerous,
How to Restart iPhone X
Follow iPhone X user guide on the steps to restart your device.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
How to Hard Reset iPhone X
- Step 1: Press and hold the Lock/Wake button on the right side of your iPhone.
- Step 2: At the same time, press and hold down the Volume Down button on the left side while keeping the Lock/Wake button pressed.
How to Force Restart iPhone X
You should force restart iPhone X as a last resort, and only if it's not responding. Follow these steps to force restart your device:
- On an iPhone X or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Soft Reset iPhone X
A restart (soft reset) can resolve issues like continuous resetting/rebooting, device crashing, freezing, won't ring or vibrate, can't make or receive calls, device locks up, and keypad doesn't respond.
A soft reset iPhone8 (turning the device off then back on) is similar to restarting a desktop computer and is one of the first steps in troubleshooting a device. A soft reset won't affect data on the device.
- Press and hold the Power button (located on the top right edge) until "slide to power off" appears then release.
- If the phone is off or not responding, refer to soft reset for unresponsive iPhone.
- Allow several seconds for the device to power off.
- With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears then release.
Restart/Soft Reset (Frozen /Unresponsive Screen) - Apple iPhone X / iPhone 8 Plus
View this info if your device is unresponsive, frozen or won't power on or off. This device has a non-removable battery. This process can be used to simulate a "battery pull" when the device is unresponsive, frozen or doesn't power on.
If your iPhone is powered on and responsive, do Restart/soft reset instructions.
For more on how to resolve power issues with your iPhone, refer to these battery troubleshooting steps.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- Continue to hold the Power button and press and hold the Volume down button located on the left side of your iPhone.
- Hold both buttons as the iPhone powers off and back on; release both buttons when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Apple iPhone X DFU Mode
Recovery Using DFU Mode - Apple iPhone X / iPhone 8
If you are unable to complete a Recovery on your iPhone, use this info to recover using Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode.
Note Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode is different from Recovery mode because it allows you to interact with iTunes without the phone operating system (iOS) loading. This can be helpful when you are experiencing problems completing a Recovery on the device.
- From the computer, close any open apps.
- Open the iTunes app on the computer.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer via the USB cable.
- Ensure the iPhone is powered off.
- If you see the "Plug into iTunes" screen, retry steps 4 through 6.
- Look for an alert on the computer telling you iTunes has detected your iPhone and follow any additional prompts to complete recovery.